Thursday, September 23, 2010

Operation Addy gets a bedtime and sleeps in her own bed!

Well first a little back story on all of this. Addison since the day we brought her home was a great sleeper and started off the very first night in her crib and it stayed that way till I left my job, took her out of daycare, went on vacation, started a new job and put her in a new child care setting.

Wow that's a lot of changes for one little girl right! Well after all of these things happened her schedule got royally screwed up. She was still keeping a bed time and slept in her crib till we went on vacation and she had to sleep with us. That's when things started to go down hill. After a week of no bed time and sleeping with me when we got back we couldn't break her of it. (not going to lie I'm having to break myself as well! I didn't realize how nice it was to have her with me even at night.) Well now as you can imagine that kinda puts a damper on bedroom time with the hubby! So after 3 months of letting this go on its time to make a change!

So operation Addy gets a bed time has begun. I know she needs more sleep at night than she was getting and I know this momma needs a little break and alone time in the evenings to relax before bed.

So were taking things back to the way they were when she was itty bitty and what worked for us then to get her back on a routine.

Every night at 8:00pm we will go in my room with the lights dimmed drink her sippy of milk and rock in the rocker. Since I'm having to trick her in to sleeping there I cant lay her down in the crib awake like I used to so were having to rock asleep which surprisingly has been taking no time at all. Then sneak her in to the crib. Once she is good and used to sleeping there we will do without the rocking and just lay her down to put her self to sleep, but for now were trying to make this as painless as possible for both parties.

So far the going to bed at 8-8:30 has been well.

Night 1 - Rock and ate at 8:00, 8:30 in crib passed out, slept all night long till I woke her to get up for the day.

Night 2 - Rock and ate at 8:00, 8:15 in crib asleep, at some point woke up crying and Matt got her and put her in bed. I don't recall ever hearing her but she was almost on top of me when my alarm went off this morning.

It will take time but she will be back to normal here soon I know it :)

No comments: