Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1 year checkup

Yesterday I took Addy in for her 1 year check up and shots :( She handled them as well as can be expected. Cried harder than her 6 month shots but was over them before we left the office. We don't have to go back till April 8th for one more shot so that is a relief!

Here are her stats
Weight - 18lbs 12 oz (10th percentile)
Height - 29 1/2 inches (50th percentile)

Addison is still really small for her age but the Dr is not to worried about it because she has always been small and so have I so she figures she is just like her momma. We do have to take her for some routine blood work that the Dr requested.

Here are some things I want to remember about Addison at 1 years old:

- Walking all over the place! Prefers to walk over crawling and can even run some if you chase her! Which she finds hilarious!!

- Talking more and more each day. Here are some things she can say besides the normal mama/dada. Maddy, Megan, Pup, baby, bye bye and hi.

- Learning new things every day. She is working on her colors now and knows blue and yellow.

- 100% on whole milk and loving it.

- Eating 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks and juice

- Loves her cousin Maddy! Talks about her every day and kisses her when ever you tell her to give Maddy kiss.

- Loves her pups and kisses and climbs on them all the time! Good thing they don't mind :)


Letter to Addison from her dad:
Well I'm not big on the mushy stuff, but I'll try my best. A year ago today, big guns upstairs gave my wife Shanda and I the best gift any family could ask for. At 8:21 pm Oct. 3rd 2009 Addison Lynn Zaragoza was born. Everyday since then has been a roller coaster of an experience. It's amazing how I can be having the worsts of days, and all it takes is to hear her say da da to turn it around. Addy, daddy loves you very much, and words cant describe what you mean to me.

No comments: