Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lots of updates....

First off... Matt and I had maternity pictures taken the weekend before last at the Las Colinas Canal. Heather Bush with Chunky Monkey Photography did such a great job. Here are just a few of my favorites :)









Secondly... I had my 35 week appointment yesterday that went very well. They did the Group B Strep test which I will know the results of tomorrow, and they checked my cervix. I am currently 75% effaced and almost 1 cm dialated. The dr said that is really impressive since im a first time mom and things normally dont progress so fast. She also doesnt think I will make it to my due date, which is fine by me. So far the baby is perfectly healthy and if I were to go in to labor she said she would not stop it. So yeah for being so close!!

We are now on a weekly dr appt schedule every Wednesday usually around lunch time. I will continue to update as I know more. I will not be checked again till 38 weeks so I wont know if im making progress in that area but maybe I will learn other things :)

Thirdly... Matt and I went and looked at 2 daycares yesterday and it just upset me so bad. The daycares were crap. I didnt even want to be there longer than I had to, so I know I will not feel comfortable leaving Addison there. Our issue is that we live in Ft Worth and work in Arlington with a 30-45 min commute with no traffic. If there is traffic or for some reason I have to work late there is no way we can guarantee we will be back in Ft Worth by 6:30 to pick up Addy. So we have to try and find a daycare that is on our way to and from work. Leaving our options to be either up I30 or I20.
After my bad experience with the daycares I talked to my friend Lauren who works for a daycare and got her opinion. I would really love to take Addison to the daycare that she works for but it is a little out of the way and seemed to be high priced compared to the daycares that are in our area in Ft Worth, but after looking at a few you get what you pay for and were just going to have to cut back in other area's cause im not sacraficing her saftey to save a couple hundred a month. So needless to say if you cant tell im really concidering making the extra drive and cost to have her go to daycare with Lauren. Well see... Matt has never been there so im taking him by next week after the dr to check it out. Hopefully we can make it all work :)

Shanda :)

1 comment:

ktyree said...

I think your pics turned out really great!!!! I can't believe that our baby girls will be here next month!!!!!!