Thursday, November 12, 2009

I now understand....

Why so many women decide to become stay at home moms once they get on maternity leave. I was laying in be last night thinking about how much time Addison and I have had to just hang out, relax, bond, take naps, shop and all the other things we have done since she was born and I honestly cant imagine how it will be when I "HAVE" to go back to work. I say have because I dont have the luxury of deciding to stay home if we want to have enough money to feed ourselves and her :(

I always said that I could never be a stay home mom because I wouldnt like being home all day and I cant afford to go shopping everyday,. This is still true, it can get rough being in the house all the time but when I think about going back to work I realize that means I will only get to spend a whole 3 and 1/2 hours with Addy a night. Which most of the night will be filled with cooking, dishes, laundry, bathing little miss and then putting her to bed. Thats not much time to just enjoy each other and relax at all. I know I will have the weekends but we are usually on the go on the weekends and when we go out with family I NEVER get to hold my baby. She is usually scooped up the second we walk in the room and I have to actually ask for her back at the end of the night just so we can leave. It sucks! I want people to be able to love on her but im still very greddy and want her to myself!


Alright thats enough complaining for one day :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog makes me sad, i wish you could stay at home with Addy...you deserve to.

I love you :)

ktyree said...

I feel the same way, Shanda! I am trying everything I can to stay home and not leave my baby girl!! = )