Sunday, May 16, 2010

We will miss you Roxy

Friday Matt and I made the tough decision to put Roxy to sleep. She was just not doing well and over the last month has begun to fall apart even more.

Roxy was our first dog and we will miss her so much. About 4 and 1/2 years ago we rescued Roxy. She was attacked by two German Shepard and her owners basically dropped her off at the vets and left her to die. At that time my sister Megan worked at the vets office and after Roxy was all good and better she asked me if I would like to adopt her. Of course after taking one look at this sweet girl I had to take her home. At the time the vet assumed she was between 3 and 5 years old. So were assuming she lived to be between 8-10 which is typical for a Boxer but didn't make the decision any easier.

About 6 months ago Roxy started having strokes and lost almost half her weigh. She was eating but her body was just too weak to maintain a healthy weight. She was beginning to look like one of those sad dogs off the commercials. So we decided it would be best to just let her go peacefully instead of letting her suffer.

We will miss her but I know in my heart it was the best thing to do for her.

Here are a few pictures of my sweet girl.

We love you Roxy




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( She was so sweet. I hope you will only remember the happy memories.