Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well we lost another one...

Matt and I got pregnant again this month only to start miscarrying again yesterday :(

I also am going to try a new doctor next month. I really did not like the way that Dr Udells office handled all of this. Nothing against the doctor herself but her nursing staff. I was treated very rudely by Amy the head nurse and she was not sympathetic in the least.

I know I'm probably one of the patients that doctors hate cause I know probably more than most know about my reproductive system. Heck it took me 10 months to conceive Addison and now that I know my peek times its taking no time to conceive twice this year.

I also know where my levels should be and I know that (think that) the reason I keep suffering from early miscarriages is because my progesterone is too low. My blood draw yesterday showed my progesterone was 1. It should be at a minimum of 9 for a healthy chance at pregnancy. So I know i need help there with supplements but because I had Addison just fine they don't think there is a problem, and I know there is.

For now I am done with them though and I have made an appointment with a new doctor for May12th. I have asked that they do a full work up and maybe try and help us when were ready to try again. I plan to take a break till fall just to get past it all emotionally and physically :(

4 comments:

ktyree said...

I'm sorry, sweetie. I hope you like your new doctor better = )

ktyree said...

What did the nurses say or do?

Shanda said...

Hey Kelley - Sorry was just getting around to responding to this. The nurse was just really insensitive. Didnt care to hear what was going on or try to help me in anyway understand why this keeps happening. Was very short and even griped at me when questioning her.

Oh well I made an appointment out there at Omega with Dr Luck and they are going to do a full work up and help me out.

The Wifey said...

Hey lady, just getting around -- sorry about your loss and sorry about the experience with the docs. I have not had the greatest experience with doctors when I miscarried and my friends told me about the low progesterone thing and docs never cared to check. Then it turns out that was the trick to keeping a pregnancy for me. I hope they are able to get to the bottom of it for you. It's a simple fix, suppositories will do. Shots too if need be... I don't know why they don't check this on more ppl with miscarriages. Ugh.