Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wow....

You know that feeling you get when you go to church and hear a good sermon, and you just get this overwhelming feeling of passion. Sometimes so much so that you just want to start right then and there and make changes in your life.

Well today I got that feeling. Not from a church sermon but from a lunch meeting at work. It was just such an eye opener. Things I already know and most of them I do but also it made me think of a lot of ways that I can change what I'm doing everyday and will hopefully encourage and empower others around me as well.

Our lunch meeting topic was ways that as a manager I can teach and coach my employees to higher levels of capability, productivity, and performance. It gave me a lot of great ways to make changes but mostly it helped me think of things I need to change about myself that would in turn help my department.

Some of y'all who read this probably did not know this but I am a Operations Manager at my job and I have 2 employees under me that are the best. I really don't think I could ask for better employees. We have had to make some cuts due to the economy and with out them I don't think we would be near as strong and capable as we are. We went from 5 to 3 of us and honestly we all brought our A game and didn't even really feel the difference of cutting back.

I know I don't tell them enough and probably should but they truly are the best two people to work with!!

Now I just need to work on myself to help encourage us all to keep going and push forward. This economy is rough right now but we will make it through!

Shanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you :) You are a great manager im sure! & im hoping that maybe your meeting helped you with the feelings you were having in your last post :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I misspelled a word on the last post...

...You are a great and strong leader, I really admire you. :)