Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Holy crap having a baby is expensive!!

OK so I had a different simpler insurance plan when I had Addison just pay my $3000 deductible and I was covered at 100% and I have from week 16 to 32 to pay it and be done.

Now I have a new job so different insurance and already the doctor bills are piling up and seem way more than what I paid with Addy.

So far my doctor wants $2200 before my 32nd week and the hospital just called saying they also need $1100 before February and to also save an additional $500 in case of a c section I would owe this on the spot at the hospital.

So were already at $3800 and this doesn't even include the anaesthesiologists 20% co insurance I will owe once the baby is here!

I really didnt think this through when we jumped on the lets have a baby train!

I dont even want to think about how im supposed to pay for a birthday party, gifts and Christmas with all of this as well! Can you say charge it!!

OK rant over :)

1 comment:

June said...

LOL, yeah it's expensive! Our insurance plan changed too , and originally it was all 100% covered b/c we paid for a premium plan. Now we have to hit a 4k deductible and we're HOPING the rest is 100%. But we don't know, b/c the insurance company doesn't seem to know either. It's a pain in the butt!... but yes, thank goodness for credit cards, if need be. However I hate credit debt!!! Could be worse, I guess -- at least you have insurance :)