Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beta's

Yesterday morning I had to go in for a follow up blood draw to make sure my levels were going down. A good result is less than 5. Mine were 8! So in three weeks they have gone from 6000 to 8. Which is pretty good if you ask me. They did ask me to use protection till my next cycle then come in for another blood draw to make sure we are at 0. That is where i get frustrated! Do I really have to not try this month! Not that we were exactly planning on trying but we were just going to play the let what happens happens game. We would have to go buy protection too. So i say screw them and I know my body and I know it is back to normal so I'm just going to do what I want to do this month. If something does happen Ill just smile and say OOPS :)

1 comment:

The Wifey said...

Heya!! So happy your numbers are almost back to 0 ... yay!

I don't want to scare you, but on the JM boards recently a girl who had a miscarriage got pregnant right after. It turned out she still had some residual tissue left and that tissue made her get infected and she wound up miscarrying that next pregnancy because of it..

So just be careful if you do wind up trying right away again ... I don't believe the docs when they say to wait 3 months after a miscarriage. I think once you are back to 0 -- you're good to go... but hadn't thought about residual tissue. Argh. Maybe they can do a scan?

Sorry just ranting...